- At Science Daily, how evolution can allow for large developmental leaps:
According to a team led by scientists at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), in close collaboration with Patrick Piggot and colleagues from the Temple University School of Medicine, such changes may at least sometimes be the result of random fluctuations, or noise (nongenetic variations), working alongside a phenomenon known as partial penetrance. Their findings were recently published online in the journal Nature.
- At Mystical Paths, a story about a soldier who refused to bow to idols.
- At HebrewBooks, an interesting Hebrew book -- Refuat HaAm.
- Menachem Mendel posts about Rashi's assertion that there is a missing yud, and it repercussions in terms of halacha. As he notes in his post (thanks!), I posted about this topic yesterday, though taking a different tack.
- Yeranen Yaakov on the significance of the number 5770 in terms of mashiach coming.
- Whoopi Goldberg doubts the moon landing.