- Intent and purpose in blowing the shofar. And what it has to do with copper snake and Moshe's upraised arms.
- Will Rav Eliezer Berland's chassidim go to Uman this year for Rosh Hashanah? My guess is that they will, even though he confidentally predicted that, due to Mashiach's arrival, last year would be the last year they would go to Uman.
- Chazzanut on Rosh Hashanah -- and extending the davening as a result.
- The sky is falling - again -- Some false predictions for the Rosh Hashanah / Succot holidays. Now, writing in 2009, I can say that there is nothing new under the sun.
- Why eat egozim on Rosh Hashanah -- a reason to eat those nuts. On the other hand, there is a well established reason why most people do not eat nuts of Yom Kippur.
- All of Rif on masechet Rosh Hashanah.
- Speaking after the first round of tekiot.
- Tilting the Scales in Our Favor - My take on a specific derasha, and how it is derived from the pesukim.
- Tekiat Shofar and Sisera's mother -- my novel interpretation of the relevant gemara, that the linkage to Sisera's mother is purely linguistic, as opposed to conceptually meaningful.
- Being sad on Rosh Hashanah -- for practical reasons. And why one should not be dejected.
- Egoz, gematria chet, and causing phlegm -- part one, the objection that it is not actually the gematria of chet, and an answer; part two, about egoz with gematria chet; part three, and part four, about egoz causing or increasing phlegm; and finally, in part five, egoz and simana milta, such that one should eat egozim on Rosh Hashanah.
- Why the new Sanhedrin blew the shofar on Shabbat Rosh Hashanah.
to be continued...