- Well, this first one from 2010, at least. I'm going to point out a bunch of my Yonah posts. First, Did the Malbim on Yonah predict an undersea river? I don't think so.
- What was Yonah's message? A different parse yields a different message for Yanah to deliver.
- Yonah and the Goldfish
- Yonah's Rebellion and Yonah as Metaphor
- My theory about the runaway scapegoat -- that they let it run away deliberately.
- Did the designated man live out the year? And what is the basis for saying he did not?
- A defense of Rabbi Eleazar haKallir from Ibn Ezra's criticisms -- here and here.
- The nusach for shlugging kapporos.
- Two whole goats?! -- a post for Toledot, which touches on the idea that the two goats prepared for Yitzchak corresponded to the two goats on Yom Kippur.
- From Acharei Mos, the Goral LaAzazal, and what it might mean.
- Makom Kavuah, and Astro-turf. A short anecdote which teaches an interesting lesson.
- And saying Selichot.
- No greater days for Israel than Yom Kippur and Tu BeAv.
- An important note for women shlugging kapparos using money -- a correction to the Artscroll nusach. Well, not so important. But a correction nonetheless.
- All of Rif on masechet Yoma.
- The goat to Azazel -- which may look like syncretism, but is really sending it off to a place. And I try to prove it.
- Yonah's rebellion, and Yonah as metaphor -- and how Yonah recognizes that he is to serve as a lesson. And a bit on political correctness coming against academic integrity.
- Aruch Hashulchan on (and against) kapparot, with my English translation.