- According to Reuters,
Nearly two-thirds of Egyptian men admit to having sexually harassed women in the most populous Arab country, and a majority say women themselves are to blame for their maltreatment, a survey showed on Thursday.I am not so sure that the word "despite" is appropriate here.
Egyptian women and female visitors frequently complain of persistent sexual harassment on Egyptian streets, despite the socially conservative nature of this traditional Muslim society.
- McCain commercial on Obama's flip flops.
- A judge rules on disclosing identities of anonymous commenters. See here.
- PaleoJudaica reports on two ancient Tanach fragments from Qumran, perhaps Samaritan in nature.
- A synagogue next to a store selling T-shirts, bathing suits, and racy undergarments. In the New York Times.
- First it was Gwen Stefani with her version of "If I Was [sic] a Rich Girl," from Fiddler On the Roof's "If I Were A Rich Man." Now, Maaco adopts and adapts "Matchmaker, Matchmaker Make Me A Match" to promote their ability to exactly match any color you bring in, when they paint your car. I don't see it on YouTube yet, so here is a link to download and view it directly from Maaco.