- Pekuday sorces -- further improved. For example, many more meforshei Rashi.
- The azla geresh on ve'et ha'eleph -- Two theories to explain this nikkud, one mechanical and the other quasi-midrashim. I lean heavily towards the former.
- YUTorah on Pekudei.
- Betzalel did all that Hashem commanded Moshe, pt i -- According to Rashi, Betzalel knew even that which Moshe didn't say to him, and also argued against the reverted order. How to understand this is a major dispute amongst super-commentators of Rashi. In this first part, we try to establish that Rashi never even juxtaposed the two midrashim, which may then impact how we understand what he does say.
- More about the curtain over the ark of the testimony -- A followup to a 2005 post on Pekudei. There, I noticed a variant text in Targum Pseudo-Yonatan that fixed a textual difficulty, substituting kappores for paroches. Now I check out other texts, such as Samaritan, Peshita, and Septuagint.
- Pekudei sources -- revamped from last year. More than 100 meforshim on the parasha and haftara.
- Pekudei sources -- links by aliyah and perek to an online Mikraos Gedolos, and a whole slew of meforshim on the parsha and haftara.
- Moshe's blessing -- what was its contents? An open vs. closed canon approach.
- Who brought the Ketoret during the Days of Muluim? Moshe or Aharon? Rashi says something. Or does he?
- The Curtain over the Ark of Testimony - was it the veil which shielded the ark? or the kapporet (a gold covering) which covered the ark? The Masoretic text and Tg. Onkelos vs. Targum Yonatan.
to be continued...