- Ishim veShitos puts up some info on Triangle K hechsher on juices:
Marc Shapiro told me that he asked R Ralbag and was told that: "all the grape juice in HiC, Minutemaid, etc. is made specially under Triangle K hashgachah, in a special "crush" for these, companies. They make all the grape juice they need for the year in a month, under a mashgiach temidi.
- Diet sodas may hurt kidneys:
Researchers analyzing the health habits of thousands of nurses found that women who drank two or more diet sodas daily had a two-fold increase in the risk of a significantly faster drop in their kidneys' ability to filter blood compared with those who drank one or none.
- Eruv Online on Rashi, and whether shishim ribo applies to the city or the street:
However, the source for Rashi, the Behag (Berlin edition, p. 131; see the following post The Reprinting of the Berlin Edition of the Behag), refers to a place/street:
רשות הרבים דוכתא דדשין בה שית מאה אלפי גוברין בכל יומא
Therefore, it is unlikely that Rashi or any of the other Rishonimmaintains that shishim ribo applies to a city.
- Snopes has a picture of representatives playing Solitaire during a legislative session.
- Vos Iz Neias reprints the Jewish Star editorial on boycotting the Toldos Aharon rebbes. And Matzav condemns the Jewish Star. The Five Towns Jewish Times has a mixed review, but also see here.
Related, Emes veEmunah on Kavod HaTorah.
- On the Main Line on the Koranic origin of the expression donkeys laden with books.
- Rabbi Slifkin is going to be offering free classes on Zoology and the Torah, and Science and the Torah, at Torah in Motion.
- Here at parshablog, does Ibn Caspi profess a weak corporealism, which has Hashem appear to Avraham in human form?