- At BeyondBT, a what to do with an ideological divide with the rebbe of one's child:
“dinosaurs never lived – the earth wasn’t created back then – what, did they float around in nothing?” And “no one’s seen a dinosaur, their bones were just put into the ground”.I last discussed this issue in this parshablog post, about picturing Adam as chassidish.
See also Emes veEmunah on this.
- Does the Obama administration support blasphemy laws?
- Rafi G. of Life In Israel has a strange interaction with the police.
- The Muqata has a nice roundup of approaches to the rainbow as sign in parshas Noach. And some post-Noach thoughts.
- Hirhurim on whether it is Marcheshvan, Cheshvan or Merach Shevan. We've seen this discussion previously, but it is always good to bring it to the fore, in frum websites.
- Wolfish Musings on incentives to be irresponsible and not save up money, because of yeshiva tuition and scholarships.
- A lengthy comment thread on the aforementioned post at Divrei Chaim, about whether 1/4 of all Orthodox kids sent to secular college become Conservative. And the reaction at the Kallah Magazine blog (here and here).
- Shirat Devorah on focusing on the real captives.
- DovBear on whether Avraham was tested, and what the possible source for this test was. I would suspect that there are other textual sources for this tradition as well, as midrashic interpretations.
- Here at parshablog, sources to prepare parshas Lech Lecha.