- A nice exchange between Reb Gutman Locks and a pastor, at the kotel:
Of course, this is excerpts just as the pastor intended to present excerpts. And one could argue against Reb Lock's panentheism, as the Gra did.
- In a move that could profoundly affect halacha, the EU bans selling things by number rather than weight. And so nothing will be davar she-be-minyan. No eggs sold by the dozen.
- Salma Hayek loves eating ants, worms and grasshoppers as part of a varied diet. Which goes to show that such disgust is cultural. Just as sefardim will eat chagavim. This point is related to my post about disgust at eating anisakis worms in fish.
- The Star K on anisakis worms.
- The Seforim blog with more back and forth on the recent Lubavitcher Rebbe book:
In response to the recent review by Chaim Rapoport, "The Afterlife of Scholarship: A Critical Exploration of Samuel Heilman and Menachem Friedman’s Presentation of the Rebbe’s Life," the Seforim blog (14 June 2010), available here, of Samuel Heilman and Menachem Friedman, The Rebbe: The Life and Afterlife of Menachem Mendel Schneerson (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2010), available here, the editors of the Seforim blog are proud to present a response by Samuel Heilman and Menachem Friedman (submitted on Tuesday, 22 June 2010), available here (PDF) with a rejoinder by Chaim Rapoport (submitted on Tuesday, 29 June 2010), available here (PDF).
- The latest Jewish Studies Internet Journal. (JSIJ)