- Tetzaveh sources -- revamped, with over 100 meforshim on the parsha and haftara.
- Tetzaveh sources -- links by aliyah and perek to an online Mikraos Gedolos, and links to many meforshim on the parsha and haftara.
- Remove me Na -- also for Ki Tisa. How Moshe was removed from a sefer.
- Yerushalayim - Pretty as a Nymph?
- But what does nymph mean, and how does it relate to bride?
- Rapprochement of Brothers
- Cross-listed with Ki Tisa. Moshe is commanded to bring his brother near. Does the happen before or after the sin of the Golden Calf? If so, this might be vindication of Aharon's actions. A midrashic analysis to see if we might deduce Aharon's motivations.
- Identifying the Stones of the Chosen:
- A Populist Midrash
- Different approaches to atonement, progressing from the elite, to the common people, to the poor, to the poor unlearned. Interestingly, Torah learning is given as an option before prayer.
- The Purpose of the Tzitz
- is "bearing the iniquity of the holy things." What does this mean? What iniquity? Three traditional answers: Rashi, that iniquity which belongs to the korbanot (e.g. tamei) but not which belongs to the owners (taking it out of designated areas); Tg. Yonatan, the iniquity of promising to bring a korban but not following up; Rashbam, recalling the korbanot so that the Jews' sins will be forgiven for them. Then, my suggestion: the "iniquity" of a mere mortal intruding in this holy place, such that he must be announced by the tinkling of bells and designated at "Holy to Hashem" to justify his presence.
To be continued...