zombie advice. There is an instruction from R' Yehuda HaChassid to stuff the mouth of a deceased woman, who had consumed children, with dirt, to prevent her from continuing this practice after death. He relates this to burial practice in Ireland from the 700's.
2) According to Rubashkin, as an expression of his unbelievable bitachon, he will be released within three or four days:
BUT NOW WE SEE THAT THERE ARE NO IDEAS. SO JUST AS THE SON WAS ABLE TO SWEAR BECAUSE HE HAD TOTAL EMUNAS CHACHOMIM IN THE TORAH THEY TEACH, I SWEAR THAT THERE WILL BE NO MORE HESTER PONIM AND HASHEM WILL FREE ME FROM PRISON RIGHT AWAY EVEN BEFORE THIS ROISH HASHONO TOF SHIN AYIN BAYS WHICH IS IN 11 DAYS.
PLEASE BE READY FOR ME TO BE HOME FOR ROISH HASHNO GEZUNTERHAYT UN FREILICHERHEITMay it be so. But I don't think that this is really how it works. His point might be that he must assume this attitude of bitachon, and this will help. "Even before" might just mean that yeshuas Hashem keheref ayin, so it may even be before that. But he surely does not know Hashem's plan.
3) At Fink or Swim, a detailed summary of the Rubashkin case. This as a background to another post: How did we get here? Explaining the unabashed support for Rubashkin.
4) DovBear with yet another post on shelo asani isha. And Rabbi Joshua Maroof at Vesom Seichel weighs in further.
5) Rationalist Judaism with halachic reality and empirical reality. And with a post on Mars Attacks!
6) Life In Israel reports that the kannoim / thugs are being hit hard.
7) Balashon wakes up with a post on Bar Mitzvah and on Bar.
8) Hirhurim with more on electricity and Shabbat.
9) Hackers beat the SSL encryption used by millions of sites.
10) The Muqata on missionaries in Modiin.
11) Here on parshablog, Torah on the Moon.