- Am I still Jewish? at Daat Torah
- A Mother In Israel gives the latest on Rabbanit Keren. And has other recent posts on the subject as well.
- Also, a review of Rashi's Daughters, Book I. And this, and this.
- LifeInIsrael posts photos of anti-Yom haAtzmaut posters.
- LifeOfRubin posts, and posts some more on Rav Belsky's remarks about Chabad in Mishpacha magazine. I agree with Rav Belsky that "present-day Chabad has become a personality cult centered on the previous Lubavitcher Rebbe." The fact that other chassidim do it as well, only less so, is not a defense. Indeed, the chassidic Rebbe-centric approach was one of the reasons the Vilna Gaon opposed it. That Chabad now takes it to an even greater extreme is perhaps predictable.
- Tafasta meruba lo tafasta:
The personal check was not made out to Mr. Fuller and when the bank contacted the check owner, the woman said she did not write a check for $360 billion.
Mr. Fuller was also accused of unlawful carrying of a weapon and possession of marijuana, Lt. Henderson said. He may also face a theft charge in Crowley.
Was he trying to get his 15 minutes of fame? Is he just of low intelligence? Perhaps the possession of marijuana had something to do with it.