- All exorcisms are not real, but in this case, it (allegedly) was a scam where the priest and at the "possessed " all knew it was fake.
Prosecutors said associates of Bazzoffi would "pretend to be possessed by demons" and the priest would use ancient and obscure rites to perform fake exorcisms on them. The events regularly drew crowds in excess of 400 people.
"During mass, the priest spoke in Aramaic, and strange things happened," a witness told police. "I do not know if it was group hysteria or our suggestibility but I remember one old woman screaming in a man's voice while five big guys held her down."
- Divrei Chaim has a post about siyum to avoid a fast on erev Pesach, and a textual emendation factoring into pesak.
- Mead introduces grad-school ruled notebooks. From the Onion.
- Witchdoctors killing albinos for their body parts.
- Rabbi Tendler's position on mechirat chametz.