- Onion soup mix writes of a bad experience her friend had with a meshulach, who cursed her for not giving him what he deemed to be enough money.
- Rabbi Josh Yuter was one of the rabbis on Obama's conference call. He posts his thoughts.
- Emes veEmunah posts on what seems to be an exceptionally dishonest article, that secular women in general want segregated buses and trains and that such is regular practice in many listed countries.
- At the Yeshiva World, how the mayor of Jerusalem visited Rav Shmuel Aurbach, taking security precautions, given that he was attacked by chareidim with stones the last time he tried to visit a rabbi. And at Vos Iz Neias, the kotel rabbi was attacked by chareidim after leaving from a visit to Rav Elyashiv.
Forget the issuring these chareidim are violating with this violence against a fellow Jew. They are absolute idiots, who think they they are performing righteous acts when they are complete evildoers.
But what about kavod haTorah and kavod haRabbonim? There is an assumption that a guest of someone is not to be harmed. And this is thus an act of disrespect against Rav Elyashiv, and against the rav the mayor previously visited.
They can open up their Chumash and see in parshat Vayera:
or in sefer Shofetim, as regards the pilegesh bigivah:
In the incident of Pilegesh B'givah, they had the option of going to Yevus, which was Yerushalayim, but decided to go among Jews instead. And this is what happened. A possible implication is that such might not have happened among the Yevusi, in Yerushalayim. But now that such "frum" Jews are in Yerushalayim, they have transformed Yevus into the equivalent of Sodom and Givah, and not only perpetrate terrible violence but do not respect the protection afforded by hosts. Perhaps. At least they did not storm the house while he was visiting Rav Elyashiv.
These folks have turned Yerushalayim into Sodom, . Just as Lot protected
- A Mother In Israel posts on hyper-tznius fashion for young girls - wearing shalim, capes, to hide the figure.
- See my posts which have the label of Ki Teizei. And today Daf Yomi started Bava Batra. See the first post on this masechta at my Rif Yomi blog.